James A. Clayton
Mr. Clayton entered the legal profession more than 10 years and has assisted clients in Elder Law matters such as preparing Last Wills and Testaments, Powers of Attorney, Healthcare Directives, and other related documents. Mr. Clayton has also assisted the administration of hundreds of estates throughout his legal career and has advised individuals on legal mechanisms designed to maximize the value of their estates such as gifts, life estates, and trusts. After passing the bar in 2016, Mr. Clayton continued to focus his practice primarily in Elder Law but has expanded his services to include Landlord-Tenant issues, minor criminal matters, and real estate matters.
As a senior associate of Biernacki & Associates, P.C. he has expanded his practice even further, aiding his clients in numerous tax assessment appeals and real estate related litigation matters. Mr. Clayton has helped his clients save tens of thousands of dollars in real estate taxes.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, BS Business Administration 2010
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, MBA 2011
- Duquesne University, J.D. 2016
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania
Areas of Practice
- Property Assessment Appeals
- Estate Planning
- Minor Criminal Matters